Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Thursday, March 29, 2007

KIDSPEAK

I wasn't going to post a blog until later today but I HAD to post this before I set off on a bus ride to Band Camp with a bunch of Pre-Mids (5th and 6th graders). Woohoo!

I've been checking my email, stalking some blogs and posting snide comments to Tammi and Katie while Zac was in the bathtub playing-washing. Playing-washing? Moms know what I'm talking about, right?

Put some liquid soap in the bathtub and stick them in and while they play, they get washed.

It's some scientific phenomenon...really, it is.

I'm just about to close out for the morning and hop in the shower myself when Zac comes in, all wrapped in a towel, asking me to get his clothes out so he can get dressed; it's a new habit he's picked up lately that I'm thoroughly enjoying.

So, I'm wiping his nose and I casually say, did you get your hair wet?

I'm expecting a "yes" or "no".

This is what he said,

"I did a water fawt."

"What? You mean you were blowing water with your face and got your hair wet?"

"No, I fawted in the bathtub."

THAT was his answer. No real explanation for his wet hair.

I sat bewildered, trying to figure out what he meant while he walked over, turned on the TV, stuck his thumb in his mouth and got dressed like a good mesmerized TV-zombie child.

So much for Dora, Baby Einstein and Harry's Bucket of Dinosaurs teaching my child intelligent things--what's wrong with these TV shows?!? Don't they know that us mothers count on them to teach our children respectable manners?

I'd have his father have a talk with him about this sordid behavior but...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but what, does he "fawt" in the bathtub too!!

Amy said...

Mark-

There is no place sacred to Gerald.