Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Monday, March 12, 2007

THE PHOENIX

This picture, devoid of words, so aptly describes how small are we.



It's the sun. See us in the background? Didn't even notice, did you?

Me either.

It's called a prominence. For full effect, click to enlarge.

Wanna' see it in GIF animation? Click here: http://spaceweather.com/swpod2007/11mar07/palmer2.gif

I think it looks like The Phoenix (the mythical Greek bird-god of fire that rose from the ashes).

Explanation? Check it out: http://spaceweather.com/

7 comments:

tammi said...

that's cool.

I've been jones'n for a tattoo for about a year or so. I've decided I want it to be a phoenix, but I haven't found a picture of it I like well enough to get permanently inked on my flesh.
That one won't work either, but it's cool. :)

Katie said...

soo Im thinking that if you ever cut your hair like you were saying forever ago... you should put a picture of yourself up there so we can see it.

tammi said...

i second that motion.

Amy said...

I did cut my hair...but I'm getting it cut again Wednesday b/c it's grown ALOT and it's driving me nuts.

Maybe I'll post a pic...when I lose about 50lbs; pics are SOOO overrated.

I've been "jones'n" for a nosedart (that's what I call them) for about a year. I have yet to find a reputable-lookin' tat place here to get pierced. You both come visit and we'll all go together.

Would you both leave me alone?

Amy said...

I realized you cannot both leave me alone AND come visit, so just come visit.

Amy said...

Tam-

Watch Miami Ink?

We NEED to go THERE.

Miami...and the tatoo place.

tammi said...

I agree (about Miami AND Miami Ink)

As for the nose dart...who needs reputable?? When I got mine done I think the guy who did it was slightly high and it turned out fine. He even wore gloves and everything so I don't *think* I have a blood-borne disease. Ignorance is bliss.